Elder and Sister Roeth

Elder and Sister Roeth
Elder and Sister Roeth

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Week of January 17, 2016

This week we tried out our new teaching modules, sort of, and evaluated how the application lessons went. There was a lot of preparation that needed to take place before we began and it got a little crazy without our leader who is out. The modules themselves went well, but we had some technical issues which need to be worked out. I like the new format, especially the application parts. I think it gives the students some good hands on exercises they need to resolve questions.

One of the issues we had was a scheduling problem. One of the zones had their prayer meeting in the computer lab, so when we arrived for our help section (which is new) the room was filled with missionaries. I talked with the zone leader afterward and we offered to hold our help sections in the open area on the floor so they could use the room in the mornings. As it turned out, we only had three or four students come on any given morning so it worked out fine. I think we’ll be able to do that until the construction on the main floor is completed. They were very appreciative. Since the first floor is being remodeled, there is a real shortage of space for holding large group meetings.

Wednesday afternoon Ted taught his module and it went well. He relates well to the people. Because of a scheduling change, we had to split the afternoon time slot, so I taught my class right after him and just condensed what I presented. Thursday the first teacher wanted to attend a class on electronic devices so I taught my class on researching historical records first. I thought it went really well. We’ll probably keep that order of classes. We did the Applied Learning one case at a time, giving them time to work on each one then discussing it instead of having them work on the whole assignment then discussing them all at once. We were not able to finish, but it was good. The students were working together and I think they mostly understood. I was able to finish the entire module in the time I had which I felt was truly a blessing from the Lord.

We had the opportunity to get together with some missionaries we knew from New Mexico and have a good visit. We also spent time with one of my college roommates and her husband. It was really a fun week for reconnecting with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment