Elder and Sister Roeth

Elder and Sister Roeth
Elder and Sister Roeth

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Week of March 13, 2016

I taught the Photos and Documents class to Capstone this week—missionaries getting ready to go home. This was a new class for me. The day before I taught I reviewed the PowerPoint I was using and planned to make a couple of changes when we got home but I forgot. I needed to put in some different icons to illustrate what the Memories section of FamilySearch is all about. I woke during the night and was mentally reviewing the lesson. Suddenly it dawned on me that I hadn’t made the changes. I got out of bed about 3:30 in the morning and found the photo and clipart I was looking for to make the changes.

We had some new people in the class that hadn’t been in for other lessons during the week. One lady said she really just wanted the classes today because that was what she needed most. It was interesting during the class to see her “getting it.” She asked several questions so I figured she understood what we were doing. Another lady kept making comments about how great this was. She told me at break that she was so excited to get home to show her son everything she would be able to do and all the pictures out on the memories. She was able to do some of her own work while she was there.

During one of the breaks one of the missionaries came to ask me how I was related to the Hales family. I had talked about a naming convention for files and said we had so many Stephen Hales in our family we had to add the birth year to keep them straight. He is related through my great-great-grandfather’s sister. It was interesting. I keep running into people who are related. 

Brynn and Scott Leedom - Baptism Day!

After class we gathered our things and were able to get on the road quickly. We went to Las Vegas for our granddaughter’s baptism and were able to attend a couple of other birthday parties as well. Our mission is really good about encouraging us to support family events. I helped with some of the preparations and was able to give a talk at the baptism so it was a good experience. It is always good to see one of our grandchildren being baptized and Brynn was so excited. It was really good to be with family and have some time to visit. 

Steven and Braden - Braden birthday - 2 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment