When it was time to welcome the new missionaries and say
goodbye to those going home, the disparity became rather alarming. There are so
many going home right now. When the new missionaries were welcomed they were
told that they are here to contribute their special talents to the building of
the kingdom and the work of the Lord. The thought came to me that this applied
to me—that the Lord needs me to use my unique abilities to help the work go
forth.
After the evening Pres. Oliver called us aside and asked us
to be in charge of the Swap Meet. The couple now in charge is going home and
needs to be replaced. I figured that made us chief garbage collectors. A friend
told me later that I should upgrade to Recycling Engineer. It does sound a
little more appropriate.
Tuesday we began Capstone training for departing
missionaries. We had an overflow group with about 50 missionaries in a lab that
has 40 computers. It is alarming the number of missionaries going home. We only
had about 20 new missionaries this month. When our group and the group before
us attend Capstone, presumably most of them at the same time, we will have
enough for at least two classes.
While we were gone it was discovered that our group had the
wrong planning calendar so we have double booked our group for the week of July
24. The new missionaries were delayed a week due to the mission presidents
seminar so they won’t come to us next week when they usually do. We scheduled
enrichment for the following week and now we have basic training and new
missionaries at the same time. I’m sure we can survive. I am teaching my
Partners class next week and there is one other class the same day in the
morning, but the rest of the week we don’t have anything scheduled. We need the
time to prepare for the upcoming modules that are being revised.
Wednesday we had lost a few people, but our class was still really
full. I was able to grab a computer and worked on my handout for my Partners
class next week. In the afternoon I printed the handouts so I am ready for the
class next week.
We found out we had missed our 4-out interview for
missionaries going home in 4 months. After class we visited with Pres. and
Sister Larson and had a good discussion. In the afternoon I worked on preparing
to help three people find places to work in their family trees. I enjoy doing
the finding, but I’m not sure I do the best job of explaining my findings. In
the evening I visited with a couple and we had a good time.
Thursday I taught the class on Partner websites the entire
morning. We always have a few people that can’t get into the websites so we plan
to avoid the problem by using the library versions of the websites. It becomes
a major disruption when we teach and a little frustrating for the people who
are prepared and need to wait.
I worked some more on preparing a couple coming tomorrow. In
the afternoon we met with the previous Swap Meet chairmen to find out the ins
and outs of the operation. There is a lot to making it happen. There is a need to
organize the bedding so it would be more useful and people wouldn’t have to
sort through it on the day of the swap meet. I know this is a big help to
missionaries in furnishing their apartments. We have been able to benefit from
it on several occasions.
After a quick dinner I went back to the library for a few
hours to do Swedish research until closing time. It felt good to get back into
it and I was able to find records for at least one additional family. There is
still much to do but I think my organization will reap benefits if I can keep
it up. At least I can see what needs to be done and what has been done.
Friday I tried indexing during the Sourcing class. (The
Church held a worldwide Indexing event to encourage the work.) The sourcing class
is fairly complex and got gummed up by people going ahead. The teacher got a
little flustered teaching because so many had challenges. I thought everyone
did OK, but we did have to work around a few kinks. In the afternoon a couple came
for me to help. We spent some time talking to a missionary that specializes in
Danish research and she gave them some good guidance. I helped them both find
several names in their families and I think they got a good start. They were
excited about what we’d found. Afterward they took Ted and me to dinner to say
thanks. It was fun to visit with them.
In the evening we went to the concert in the park. We met with
a friend from California and her husband and had a brief but fun visit with
them. It was nice to be in the night air and go for the walk home.
Sunday we went home teaching to a new lady. We invited a
sister over for dinner that is going home for medical reasons. She has a good
attitude about it and has accomplished some major things in her stay here.
ReplyDeleteคาสิโนออนไลน์ Top Online Betting Provider
คาสิโนออนไลน์ Online casino sites that make playing Baccarat online more interesting, many people may know that Baccarat online is the number one online casino in Asia, where the game of baccarat online. Although it is very popular, but to play baccarat online is not very comfortable.
However, on the web site, Ruby888 เล่นผ่านมือถือ online gambling providers have developed a style of play baccarat online games to be open to play baccarat online games through live and play. On mobile, the convenience of playing baccarat online is becoming more popular.
So if people now want to have fun. Do not forget to choose the service with our online casino site because it is fun and rich is what you choose every time you play online casino games online with our own on it. Do not forget to join the fun and play online games to go with us for your fun and rich choice every time you choose. This service website