| Conference Center - a different perspective |
In the evening we went to the top of the Conference Center
to see the sunset. We had a private tour by a sweet lady and we got several
pictures of the sunset. It was very nice and it was a fun evening.
| Sunset from Conference Center |
Monday was my sister’s birthday so we called her when we thought it was late enough that she was up. We didn’t account for her being at her daughter’s home so we woke her. I worked on some research and reviewed my lessons for the week. When I talked with Barbers they indicated we may be asked to take over the Tree classes when the couple doing that goes home in October. They are trying to come up with a schedule that works with what we are already doing. The class of new missionaries is a good one—they seem to catch on quickly and are good to work with.
In the evening we met our group of missionaries for another
dinner at Hires. This was hump day for the 18 month missionaries. It turns out
that quite a few of the couples have extended so we won’t have a small group
left after all.
Tuesday Ted taught in the afternoon. He did a good job. He really
relates well to the students. In the evening we attended the concert in the
park. The group was Voice Male and the crowd was unbelievable. I was afraid we
wouldn’t get seats. We left early enough that we could walk for about half an
hour before we got to the park, but it was full even though we were about half
an hour early. Their fans really loved them so that’s good for them.
Wednesday I taught in the morning and we were out in time to
get to the temple for the 12 o’clock session. Ted was delayed a little bit so
we were late getting back for the afternoon classes. I stayed a little after
class and did some more research, but I wasn’t feeling very well so I cancelled
my walking with Sister Tauzin and went to bed a little early.
Thursday I was feeling better and I was able to teach the
class. We have backup teachers scheduled, but we haven’t used them so far so I’m
not sure what would happen if we needed to.
Friday we had two enrichment classes. Sister Kay taught in
the morning and had about 9 students. She asked me if I would be willing to
teach a class on IrfanView at our stake family history fair in October. I think
it sounds fun. I won’t have computers for the students, so I can just
demonstrate, but I think it will go well. I taught Unique Searches in the
afternoon. My class was really full. I think there was only one empty seat and
the trainers all sat in the aisle. There was good participation and I received
some really good comments. It made me feel good. I was feeling much better
today so that helped. I stayed and did a little research and helped a lady who
wanted some research assistance.
| Sunset from Conference Center |
In the evening we went to the last concert in the park. The
group was Ultimi and they were three tenors that sang very well. They sang
quite a few opera pieces as well as some less formal songs. It was really
amazing. Just before it started, Elder Dallin Oaks walked across the front.
Interestingly, that was only the 4th general authority I’ve seen while we’ve
been here. The concert was amazing and I really enjoyed it.
Saturday I did some things around the apartment then went to
the library for a few hours. I am trying to get some Finnish research done
before Elder and Sister Aromaa go home on September 16. They are the only ones
that specialize in Finland.
ReplyDeleteThe investment is full of provocation.
จีคลับ Online Betting Unusual fun because online casinos are betting on the online system nowadays is very popular in Thailand because most Thai people choose to play online games with the site. This online casino. Because it can meet and meet the needs of the best player.
And the launch of online gambling services of this online casino site has been continuously developed to make playing online gambling is not boring. It is also a matter of who you can join in the fun and easier.
And after you subscribe to the site. I can play online casino games, everything I want to play. Because on our online casino site, there are many online gambling games to choose from, and each game is a standard game, so you choose to invest in our online casino site is. A good investment decision for our online casino is to make a profit and increase your investment every time you overcame a bet. The Crown is not enough บาคาร่า