Elder and Sister Roeth

Elder and Sister Roeth
Elder and Sister Roeth

Friday, December 30, 2016

Week of December 4, 2016

Sunday we attended the First Presidency Devotional. The Conference Center was beautifully decorated. We had seats in the balcony but they were right in the center. The talks were very uplifting and it was a good meeting—a nice way to start the Christmas season.

Monday after our dentist appointments we went to see the display of the Roots of Knowledge windows we’d seen at the stained-glass window shop a few weeks ago. It was amazing. With the windows all put together they were so incredible. They depict several scenes throughout the history of man in a sort of time progression. They are three windows in each set, but they run together so there is a flow from panel to panel. There are 80 windows all together.

Tuesday devotional was on the 10th floor of the JSMB. We have been climbing the stairs the last few times. It is staggering to say the least. It doesn’t seem to get any easier. We had two classes today, but the students didn’t need much help so I was able to do a little research during most of the time. After the second class today it was snowing. It looked quite heavy from inside. I hadn’t worn boots or brought my umbrella so I wasn’t looking forward to it.

Wednesday was a full day. Our class started at 8 am and finished about 9:30 so we were able to go to the temple between classes. At one point I ran into one of my friends from high school, Carol Ann Hall, who was working in the temple. She recognized me right off the bat and we had a hug. One of the ladies made the comment that it really puts things into a different perspective when you see someone in the temple.

Ted taught in the afternoon. After class I stayed and did some research. I’ve been finding some families that extend one of Ted’s family lines a few more generations.

Thursday we had two classes. I did more research during class and found more family members. It is exciting to put the families together. After class I reviewed the Capstone material and made several changes. In the evening we met my sister and her husband for dinner then went to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. We were right at the front of the main floor, second section in from the left. The camera boom was in front of us part of the time, but they were really good seats. We had a good visit with which we haven’t done in a while. The concert was good and I really enjoyed the guest artist, Rolando Villazon. He has a wonderful tenor voice and a pleasant personality. I was glad we didn’t have to drive home afterward because it was late.

Stage for First Presidency Christmas Devotional

Friday I taught a class on attaching external sources. It went well. We only had six people in attendance so we were able to address their specific needs and concerns. I think it went well. I enjoyed it. Our attendance has been down lately, we think due to the holidays and also because the library missionaries are now required to take the computer classes and get certified. After class I made more changes to the Capstone book and to the handout for the class I had just taught. The sources area was changed earlier this week and some of my verbiage and screen prints were outdated. I was able to find two more generations for the family I was working on. It has been a good experience finding them. I went to the international floor to get help with one of the screen prints I’d found then went home. 

1 comment:

  1. Betting Sites That Will Get You Enticed If You Have Fun

    จีคลับ Casino sites that give gambling investors a full gamble. Played very well Gambling is live from the real casino. Bring it to everyone to play it realistically. There are many investments. Make huge profits. Enjoy where ever gamble every day new gambling fun at any time like. Betting to help players meet the first chance to win. Play casino games anywhere and anytime. It is ready to play the luck as anyone can play well.

    In addition, the gambler to enter the casino gambling games online at our website. In addition, gamblers will invest their favorite bets. The player will also receive a lot of promotions that we have been held to investors to get here. Investors who are interested in subscribing to our website, then the player can invest in our online gambling services at this gambling player will not be disappointed in this game. The player will be able to play easily with our online casino games. The gambler will not be disappointed by the luck we have to open it to the player. บาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete