Elder and Sister Roeth

Elder and Sister Roeth
Elder and Sister Roeth

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week of March 12, 2017

Sunday we had two young elders over for dinner and enjoyed a good visit with them. I continue to be amazed at their good spirits.

Monday I spent the day doing research at the library. I have felt a real need to get more of the Swedish research done before I go home while I can use the library resources. It was a good day and I found many records.

Tuesday we started our first Capstone class. We have 60 missionaries signed up for the classes and the room only holds 40 so we are holding two sessions. Most of the group we came with were in the class. It is a little disconcerting to think we are already in the last weeks of our mission. It is starting to really hit me how fast it’s coming. The trainers were introduced as the crew of a ship—I got the role of Cruise Director. I’m not sure if that means I’m always in everyone’s face or if I should be flattered. Ted taught and did a great job. We attended Mission Conference in the afternoon with Elder Brent Nielsen who is Executive Director of the Missionary Department.

Sister Roeth receiving Library Training Certification

Wednesday I was presented the certificate for Certification at the library. I’m glad that I did that and I learned several new things. In Capstone I taught Catalog and I think it went well. We attended the temple then I went to the library for a couple of hours. I got some help and found some good records.

Thursday after we finished teaching we took a couple of group photos in the old Discovery Center. I wanted to use an experience one of the missionaries had with teaching his granddaughter family history. He had tried to record it on Wednesday, but it wouldn’t download from his email. A little reluctantly he let me record him again. We set up a garbage container with 4 reams of paper on top to prop my phone on so it would be about eye level. He recorded his experience and did a great job.

Training Zone B

Friday we started with my class on attaching sources. I needed to push fairly hard to get finished in time because there is so much to cover. We had a class on the Family History Guide that was new and that went really well. Then I closed by playing the video we recorded Thursday and it had a really strong spirit. We concluded with a video by Elder Renlund. That has such a strong spirit and always touches me because it promises a healing of our families as we participate in the work. I pray for that blessing. I shared my testimony and we were done.

I needed to run an errand then took TRAX back to the library. While I was waiting for TRAX to arrive, Steve Rockwood walked up to me. He is President and CEO of FamilySearch International. I told him I was a missionary in family history. He asked where I was assigned and I told him we had just finished our Capstone class for the month. He asked about that and I explained our dual class curriculum. It was interesting visiting with him.

We got word today that our Swap Meet replacements have been called. That will take a large burden off our backs the last few weeks. In the evening our social group went to Anthony’s Antiques for a tour. We were given a very interesting explanation of a few items then we roamed around. Everyone really enjoyed it and all were surprised at how interesting it was. 

1 comment:

  1. The most trusted online betting source.

    G club Online casino gambling site. Gambling games that investors can play and invest in fun. You just have to register at our site, you will not be disappointed at our site, then there are games for you to enjoy a lot. Gamblers interested in investing with our standard site, the player can use it today. Gamblers will play simple with our online casino games. The gambler will not be disappointed that we have to open it for you.

    In this day, the player to use the service at our online casino gambling sites, investors will receive a lot of promotions. And to experience the exciting online gambling games, which the administrator believes that the player to use with us, the player will certainly like it. It is also a website where you can play gambling wherever you are. It is ready to play bets that anyone can play well. Join the gamble all day long. With the luck. High yield I have a lot of money and store. Gambling games at the site. Gclub มือถือ

    ReplyDelete