Monday after devotional I went to the office area to print a
few things. Our leader handed me a pack of handouts for the classes that he
wanted me to review to make sure all the handouts that should be there were. I
added several, corrected a few, and commented on the overall collection. I am
really impressed with all they are trying to do. I was really tired by the time
I finished everything and totally exhausted by the end of the day.
In the evening Ted and I watched a couple of versions of the
Provo City Center Temple Cultural Celebration. It was really uplifting. I was
so touched by the music that had been written. The theme was “Beauty from
Ashes” and there were many applications of that thought.
Tuesday we began our Capstone classes. There are a lot of
missionaries going home in the next few months so the mission is concerned
about having sufficient numbers. We left our phone at the library and weren’t
able to find it today. It’s mostly an inconvenience, but most of our phone
numbers are in it so we are a little crippled without it.
In the afternoon we went to the temple to do sealings. We
had a good group and we were able to get all 24 of our ordinances done and lots
of them for the other attendees we worked with. I’m so relieved to get them all
done. I just have a few more and my list will be cleaned out.
Wednesday we both taught. I thought the classes went well. I
spent some time at the library researching At home I was able to get packed and
also go for a walk with Sister Tauzin. I really enjoy our visits even though
there is a definite language barrier. I’m sure we each miss about half of what
is said. It rained off and on all day but was clear enough for us to walk.
It had rained off and on through the day and I was not
particularly wanting to walk to the Trax station in the rain pulling my
suitcase behind. I had fervently asked the Lord to help us have dry weather on
Thursday morning to walk to the Trax stop. When we woke up the weather was
fairly clear and dry. We readied ourselves and walked to the train. We had
planned to be there early because we were not familiar with the airport and
airline. As it turned out, not much was different than any other flight and all
went smoothly.
While we waited for our flight, Ted and I reviewed some files
for classes being taught. As we sat there we noticed it was raining fairly hard
outside. I was so grateful for the Lord’s tender mercy in allowing us to have
dry weather long enough to get on the train. Just as we finished reviewing the
files, it was time to board the plane. The plane was fairly small with two
seats on each side of the aisle. While we waited for our second flight in
Houston, I worked on adding some sources to Family Tree from several of the
documents I had been finding.
| Snake found on one of our evening walks |
No comments:
Post a Comment