Elder and Sister Roeth

Elder and Sister Roeth
Elder and Sister Roeth

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Week of August 7, 2016

Sunday Ted and I were fasting for help making a decision about ending our mission. It has been a challenging process. In the morning we had a good discussion. We didn’t make a decision, but we felt we had some good direction. After dinner we discussed our decision again and feel that we should extend our mission. For some reason, it hasn’t felt like it was time to go home. We weren’t sure of the length of time to extend, but that will be next. I’m glad the decision is made and we both feel good about it.

Monday we went to talk with our leaders to see how they would feel if we extended. I thought it would be OK with them, but they were ecstatic. They have been concerned about how to handle some of the issues coming up. I’m not sure we are the solution, but at least we reduce the stress of part of their concerns. We told them we were still not definite, but it was good to know they would welcome the idea.

I spent some time with a Finnish missionary looking at Finnish records for one of the families that came from Finland to Sweden. I hadn’t been able to make the transition for them. We found a couple of household records that recorded the wedding had taken place and indicated that the wife had moved to Sweden and gave the date. That was the missing piece for the family. We also found some good indications of where to go next with the family. In the afternoon I worked on my class for Descendancy Research then did some more Swedish research.

Tuesday we attended Big Picture. This is a seminar put on by the Family History Department to help tie everything together for staff and missionaries. I was really impressed with the presentations. I was very touched by the Spirit and the attitude I felt there. I had somewhat viewed the organization as “just another company,” but it was obvious that the men that spoke to us were guided by the Spirit and felt that it was important to let the Spirit guide in the work. I know everyone doesn’t share that viewpoint, but it impressed me that many did and that so many of the employees that attended had been “led” to their positions in a variety of ways.

Wednesday I taught Historical Records. We also talked with Pres. Larson and told him our decision to extend. He indicated that we will probably stay where we are right now, but we may be reassigned after the computer training is in place. That’s a little disarming, but I’m sure we can be OK with that.
In the evening I walked with my French friend. My ankle had been hurting a little, but it seemed OK. We walked to the grocery store at 6th Ave and E St. I needed to be back in about 1 ½ hours so we had to really hurry. The uphill climb was strenuous and by the time we got home I knew I was going to be sore.

Thursday I taught the class on Partners and I thought it went well. After lunch one of the men came to tell me he appreciated my teaching and thought I did a good job. That is always nice to have someone compliment my work. I spent most of the time in the afternoon reviewing a document for one of the classes. We are trying to make our handouts more of a resource to use later and less just a class activity.

Friday afternoon some missionaries from our other mission came to the library to get help with their family history. I got them both started until Ted came then Ted worked with the husband for a while. I helped the wife fix some records so they were ready for temple work. We set a time for another work session. We need to help them figure out what to do so they can do it without us. I think they are doing well.

Saturday we took our turn at the Swap Meet sheds. I put away the stuff that had been brought during the week then we spent the rest of the time sorting and organizing the linens and blankets. It looks much better but it took two hours and I’m not sure it will stay the way it is very long.

1 comment:


  1. ทำนายฝัน Online gambling games that you can choose to invest every day.


    ทำนายฝัน Another site that offers online gambling and online casinos. Play Online Stock Investors interested in investing. You can come to play online games with us. If you have been playing online gambling games on our site, you will certainly enjoy.

    In this day, we have a system that predicts that you have come to the fun and predictably accurate at this dog that you see the car crashed. A man in a dream like this, you are going to have to be careful about the accident. But this misfortune is not very heavy. It may hurt a little. And be careful about the impatience for good. It may lead to trouble for you. The story of love. I have to argue with people who love to calm down.

    The job in this period will be a busy meeting with colleagues or close friends. Wait for the two of you to talk to each other. Otherwise it may become a big deal. In addition, the player who is interested in investing online with us, then you can play online casino games with us here. เลขเด็ดไทยรัฐ

    ReplyDelete