Monday we had a class in the morning then met Heather for
lunch at City Creek. We had a good visit. After eating we walked on Temple
Square but it was super cold. We stopped in at the Tabernacle then the
Visitors’ Center. The other kids really enjoyed walking around looking at the
displays. It was fun.
Tuesday I taught a class on FamilySearch Partners and we had
29 stuffed into our room that holds 23 so we turned people away. Shortly into
the class one of the missionaries found the other lab was empty (it holds 32) and
they allowed us to move the class. It was much better—everyone had a computer
and the rows are more spacious so it is easier to walk in to help the
missionaries. I thought it went well. I was a little surprised at the turnout,
but I was pleased that so many wanted to take the class.
We had another class in the afternoon in the larger
classroom and we filled all but one seat. Several people came early to reserve
seats. After class we went to the temple. It was nice not having to rush over
to make the session. I enjoyed it.
Wednesday we had a packed room again for my Sources class. I
assumed we would move to the other lab, but we weren’t able to get it so we had
people in the aisles. Before class started I heard a lady compliment to her
friend. That made me feel good. I had decided to teach using real examples from
my own tree then have them look on their trees for a similar source and
practice attaching. This was a last minute change so it wasn’t as smooth as it
could have been, but I thought it went very well. We are thinking we will teach
one class on just internal (FamilySearch) sources and one class on external
sources. I can see the value in both approaches. I really enjoy teaching it so
I hope I get that opportunity.
In the afternoon we had a class on Correcting Relationships.
The computer didn’t do what it was supposed to for some people, but it was a
good class. There had been an accident on the freeway—a tanker had dumped
ammonium nitrate and traffic was closed both directions for several hours. Some
of the students were late arriving and I’m sure some were concerned about
getting home. It was going to rain in the evening so my weekly walk with my
French friend was shortened.
Thursday the class was full and overflowing as well. There
wasn’t room for me in the classroom, so I worked out on the floor. I met a
couple after lunch to help with family history. What I had prepared was not
what she needed. I gave her the information I had, but she mostly wanted some
suggestions on how to involve people. I gave her what I could but it was mostly
off the cuff.
Friday was our Temple & Research day. We spent most of
the afternoon at the library doing research. Ted worked at attaching sources to
his American family—I spent most of the time attaching sources to records for
Finnish families and resolving some merging of people.
In the evening I went to the French sister’s apartment to
make the dessert for the Branch International Dinner on Saturday. I am on the
French committee and was assigned to do the desserts. She helped me mix kefir
(a milk based culture) with frozen fruit. The original plan was for us to pour
it into cups over Vanilla Wafers and put a berry on top then put it in her
refrigerator, but she had something come up and may not make it to the dinner,
so we just mixed the berry/kefir blend and put it into containers to store in
my refrigerator.
Saturday morning I put the cookies in the cups, sweetened
the kefir mixture and poured it into the cups. The biggest challenge was that
some of the cookies floated and I had to force them to the bottom again. I didn’t
put the fruit on top yet, hoping it would set up again before evening. Ted and I drove to Ogen for my aunt’s funeral. It was so
good to see the cousins again and we were able to have a good visit with two
cousins I haven’t seen for years. It was a lovely funeral. One of my cousin’s daughters
was a pallbearer which was unusual but very sweet. It was so good to hear the
many wonderful things that were said about my aunt. Funerals are wonderful
occasions to learn all the best there is about people.
After returning I finished the desserts and we attended the international dinner. It was lovely.
There were about 12 countries represented so it was difficult to choose
what to eat and I ate more than I should, but it was fun. It was a good activity.
We found out there would be a fireworks display in the evening
to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the State Capitol Building. After
the dinner we walked up to watch the fireworks from across the street. We sat
on the wall in front of an old building. When the test firings went up they
seemed really close, especially with the wind blowing our direction. When the
actual display started I thought I got something in my eye and had to shut it
for a minute. After a few minutes a fireman came to have everyone move back to
the building. It was only about 20 feet further away and probably not much
safer. I have never been so close to a fireworks display. They were literally
right on top of us. It was spectacular but a little scary. I even got a little
ash on my jacket. Afterward we enjoyed a nice walk home. The night air was
refreshing.
ReplyDeleteG club A fun and exciting online gambling theme.
จีคลับ Online Casino Gambling Sites Online Casino Games In order for you to play the game, all the players have access to online betting services online games at any time. We also have a variety of online casino games. Every player has access to the services of online casino games with the best.
In addition, we also have a variety of online betting services. You can gamble all the players to choose the service to play online multiplayer games and all the fun.
And we also have the style of online casino games are the best. The one option investors can choose at the website Casino. We also have the style of investing games online gambling lot. Every player has the option to use the service to invest in online games and a lot of fun at all times. บาคาร่า