Sunday was a fairly normal day. We attended the Choir
broadcast then home taught a new sister. She lives in Zion Summit so we had to
hike up behind the conference center toward the capitol building. She is a
sweet lady, probably about 80-something. She got this condo so she could
continue to serve when her mission was finished several months ago.
Monday we had inservice meeting part of the morning and I
worked at the library all afternoon. It rained most of the day so it was a bit
dreary.
![]() |
| Mission Christmas Tree--Ancestors pictures on left, Young Elders pictures on right |
![]() |
| Ted's Grandma Ida Elina Henrickson |
Tuesday morning we had another inservice day. One of the
engineers talked about the FamilySearch platform which was interesting, but I‘m
not sure what I’ll do with the information. We then had a pie feast. I ate too
much. Our zone did a Christmas tree with pictures of ancestors hanging on it for
ornaments—cute.
Wednesday we had T&R day. I spent the day at the library
trying to find some additional records and get my sourcing up to date. It
started out as a good day, but it started to rain just before we left the
library. It rained and was cold the rest of the evening.
![]() |
| Carolyn's Grandpa Burton Kent Farnsworth |
.
Thursday I cooked a turkey for the branch Thanksgiving
dinner. I tried a new recipe and it turned out great. I also made two bowls of mashed
potatoes. Our bowls weren’t large enough so we had some left over and it made
for a bit of a mess. The dinner was lovely. There was plenty to eat and we
enjoyed visiting with some seniors and some young elders. The young elders did
a program for us with several singing a variety of songs. I was particularly
touched by a duet sung by two elders. One of the elders has a cleft pallet and has
some difficulty pronouncing some words when he speaks. He has such a good heart
and is a good leader in the branch and mission. I truly admire his courage and
determination to be all he can be. One of the elders sang “We’ll bring the
world His truth”. He had written a couple of extra verses since the song was
too short. Very impressive.
Friday I spent most of the morning cooking making turkey soup.
In the evening we went to Temple Square for the lighting of the decorations. It
was beautiful but cold. It was truly beautiful.
Saturday was our turn at the Swap Meet sheds. We did some
work organizing the donations and hanging clothes up to make more room. We did
have a lot of clothes to hang and filled the hanging bar to its capacity and
beyond. I appreciate those who donate so we have plenty of things to offer each
month.
After we finished there we went to City Creek to meet our
daughter and her family. The kids always enjoy playing there so they had a good
time. In the evening we had a friend from high school and her husband over for
dinner. We reconnected a few weeks ago because of a chance meeting with their
son at an antique store. We enjoyed a good visit and it was fun to see them. It
has been fun to reconnect with some old friends while we’ve been here.



ReplyDeleteBaccarat betting options in a simple way.
G clubOnline Gambling Betting Sites Win online gambling games that can help you make the most of online gamblers. To make you a gambler, online gambling games that are interested in using the online gambling and investment services with us. You can use the service just to invest here.
This game is easy to play, easy to play, easy to play all the time. With all the bets. Wherever it is, it will be exposed to gambling that will make good money in all areas. There are easier bets. A gambling destination that gives players the fun and investment they need to play anywhere. Every day gambling is a gamble where every good money. Make a good income every day, there are gambling games that will like to get good deals with mobile. Make this fun. Wherever it is, it can be a good bet all the time. Gclub มือถือ