Sunday we had two young elders and a single sister over for
dinner. Single sisters need to have either a couple with them or two other
single sisters in order to have the young elders for dinner, so we invited a
sister to join us so she could participate. When we opened the door the elders
flashed their reminder notice and said they’d brought their ticket for dinner. Cute.
Monday evening we had our Hail and Farewell Dinner. This
time we were the ones standing up to say goodbye. It is incredible how quickly
the time has gone. It seems like just a few months ago we were the new
missionaries. We have about five more weeks before we go home so it seems funny
to me to say goodbye. It is sort of sad to think of not being here much longer,
but I am ready to go home when the time is here.
Tuesday I taught an inservice class on Descendancy Research
using Landscape View. It was well received and I think several people really
liked it. Afterward we went to Anthony’s Antiques for a tour for our zone. It
was close enough that several of us walked over. We really enjoyed it—again.
The art presented was different than last time. It was outstanding again. We
had another class in the afternoon and I did more work at the library before
evening.
Wednesday we had an inservice class on Ancestry tips that a
trainer had picked up at Rootstech. It was really good. We then had an engineer
from FamilySearch talk to us about what it takes to get memories into the
system. We had staff meeting to discuss upcoming classes. It will be
interesting to see how the new schedule plays out.
Thursday we worked on some revisions for the Capstone 2
book. At noon I met a missionary who had asked for help untangling an issue
with an ancestor who kept changing her age. The records used two names interchangeably,
so it was a little tricky, but we put everything together and it appeared that
she wanted to be younger than she was because her husband was several (17) years
younger than she was. Her birth certificate and the early censuses indicated
she was five years older than the later records, including her death records,
showed.
I had an interesting experience in the afternoon. I was
teaching a class on searching records and I’d put up Isaac Brockbank’s record
on the screen to illustrate some point. The missionary in charge of housing
walked into the room a little late. I noticed her standing there looking
somewhat confused. I asked what was up. She said, “That’s my
great-grandfather!” I said, “That’s my great-grandfather!” The class went well
and I felt really connected to the students. After class we visited about our
common great-grandfather. She is descended from the youngest child of Elizabeth
Mainwaring, the first wife; I am descended from the youngest child of Sarah
Brown, the second wife. She told me there was more to the story of the family
than what I knew. I’m sure there is much about our ancestors’ lives, good and
bad, that we have no idea of.
![]() |
| Cousins |
After class we got our picture taken together—cousins. Her
husband was having a problem with an indexing batch that wouldn’t submit. He
normally arbitrates so he hasn’t done any indexing for a while. I looked at it
for him and the issue was that he hadn’t indexed the image headers. When he did
that, everything went in immediately. From there I walked by the zone leader’s desk
and he had a question about something and I helped him as well. I was feeling
pretty good about things. The assistant zone leaders had moved to new desks.
One of the computers had ArkivDigital on it so I moved to that computer. That
meant I could do some of my Swedish research at my desk instead of the library.
That will be nice to be able to use it during down time.
Friday we went to the Provo City Centre Temple with the
Training Zone. I really enjoyed the session. We got there early enough that I
was able to read some in the Book of Mormon before the session and that was
nice. After the temple we took pictures then went to lunch together. It was a
good experience. After we got home I went to the library to do a little more
research.
Saturday we planned to meet the two new couples that have
been called to the Swap Meet committee. It was raining fairly hard so it was
tricky doing anything inside the sheds. Ted and I got there early and moved
some of the stuff from the one shed to the other so we’d have room to at least
get inside to work. The ladies went into the shed and I talked with them about
what we do, then we worked at getting things more orderly for the coming week.
The men had nowhere to go so they were outside in the rain until Ted decided
they needed to go inside to wait for us. The new couples will be good and I
think they’ll enjoy it.
At home I worked on my lesson for Relief Society and finally
got it to where I think it will be ready for Sunday. In the evening I attended
the General Women’s Meeting for Conference It was amazing and tied directly to
the topics of my lesson for Sunday—consecration and love. I was especially
touched during the first choir number, “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus”. They sang
a variation to the melody on the third verse and it really touched me. When
they sang “He knows I will honor Him, give all my life to Him” it really struck
me that this was exactly what consecration is—our lives are lived in such a way
that the Lord knows we are on His side and He can count on us. I was very
touched.

Online gambling empire you have to try.
ReplyDeleteGclub Casino sites that give casino gamblers a chance to gamble. Played very well Gambling is a live casino game. Bring them all to play realistically. There are many investments. Make huge profits. Enjoy where ever gamble every day new gambling fun at any time like. Gamblers to help players find the casino game is number one. Gambling Wherever You Are It is ready to play the luck as anyone can play well.
In addition, the gambler to invest in online gambling casinos on our website. In addition, investors will invest in your favorite gambling games. The player will also receive a lot of promotions that we have been held to investors to get here. Investors who are interested in subscribing to our website, then you can invest in our online gambling services at this gambler will not be disappointed in this game. The gambler will play simple with our online casino gambling site standard. The gambler will not be disappointed that we have to open it for you Royal1688